Looking for recommendations for a news source with as many of these attributes as possible:
* Explicitly left-leaning
* Covers international & US domestic events.
* Not so left that every article is about how some incremental gains don't go far enough.
* Not high energy/emotionally intense (like, I have my own emotions to contend with without also having to parse the authors').
* A weekly roundup format?
* Able to link other people to it.
* Not every piece is 10,000 words long.
I like Le Monde Diplo and it ticks a lot of those boxes, but old articles require a subscription which is a problem for sharing and I don’t know if it has a weekly roundup. It’s monthly!
@benhamill wonkette has a focus on US politics and is fairly high energy but apart from that I'd say it fits your other requirements and is also reader funded
@benhamill What The Fuck Just Happened Today fulfills your needs for everything except that it's U.S.-focused. It's matter-of-fact, linkable and concise. It's published every few days and does a good job not adding sensationalizing or emotion, and it's the only news source I've found that is manageable with my level of anxiety.
Une instance se voulant accueillante pour les personnes queers, féministes et anarchistes ainsi que pour leurs sympathisant·e·s. Nous sommes principalement francophones, mais vous êtes les bienvenu·e·s quelle que soit votre langue.
A welcoming instance for queer, feminist and anarchist people as well as their sympathizers. We are mainly French-speaking people, but you are welcome whatever your language might be.