reasons why fake dating is the superior trope:
- only around person for X
- wait i actually like this
- this is too easy, i'm too into it
- i can't let them know
- it's just business
- can't ruin job with my feelings
- do they feel the same?
- yo i'm GONE
- it's not just business anymore
- i do not want this end
@guerrillarain OK, I’m ready to give a second chance to this cringe trope.
What’s some of the best fake dating you ever read?
- Hot Dog Girl by Jennifer Dugan
- To All the Boys by Jennifer Han
- Red, White, & Royal Blue by Casey McQuinston
- Take a Hint, Dani Brown by Talia Hibbert
are the first that come to mind, but lemme look at the rest of my book list
@balrogboogie *kinda* but not exactly
the fake dating trope is consensual for both parties. they are both aware that it is fake.
@guerrillarain ah ok, I wasn't ready to go along with She's All That as an actually-it's-good trope, so that makes me feel better 😌
Une instance se voulant accueillante pour les personnes queers, féministes et anarchistes ainsi que pour leurs sympathisant·e·s. Nous sommes principalement francophones, mais vous êtes les bienvenu·e·s quelle que soit votre langue.
A welcoming instance for queer, feminist and anarchist people as well as their sympathizers. We are mainly French-speaking people, but you are welcome whatever your language might be.